7 holidays voicemail greetings to increase customer engagement
A good business voicemail greeting is short but informative. It encourages callers to engage with your company even if you cannot answer their incoming call immediately. The holiday voicemail message allows you to personalize your greeting. So you give a human touch to your corporate identity.
We all know that feeling when our minds are overwhelmed with pre-Christmas to-do lists. With deadlines flying by, there is always so much pressure not to forget something or someone. Calls, orders, and campaigns are coming at you from all angles. It can be hard to keep track of all tasks since last-minute changes often occur due to the holidays.
During this hectic time when your daily workflow reaches new heights, you might forget something necessary for your company, like letting people know about changes in your working hours around the holiday season! Yes, you keep reminding yourself to call your customers and inform them about the changes in business hours, but who has time?
The good news is that your business cloud phone system can be the superhero coming to the rescue.
Business voicemail ensures that people who call will be informed on time about possible changes in your working hours during the festive season.
Voicemail greetings can be a powerful way to connect with your customers and prospects on the phone. You can be professional and informative, or you could make it fun! The holiday season lets you add a personal touch to your business voicemail greeting. All you need to provide is a healthy thought and a relevant message.
To help you with your mission, we have seven sample scripts to help you set up a custom voicemail message that will impress anyone who listens. Read on, and use any of them for the festive season to create a positive customer experience for your callers, even if they do not manage to contact you from the first phone call.
The holiday season is upon us, and you can use your voicemail system to spread the holiday spirit. Besides acting as a direct line of communication, voicemail greetings can also help strengthen your brand voice. A professional voicemail greeting gives the impression of a successful company that cares enough to plan a good customer service strategy.
The holiday voicemail greeting should reinforce a professional image while expressing a personal touch. A professionally recorded voicemail greeting can help enhance your caller’s experience before the holiday season. To ensure your message is valuable for your audience, it has to be meaningful and solid-sounding.
What information should you include in your festive voicemail greeting:
- The period during which your company is either closed or works with different business hours.
- When exactly will it reopen or go back to the usual working hours?
- Ask your callers to visit your website if you have added more details about your holiday working time.
- Do not miss the unique opportunity to be creative and spread holiday cheer.
- Being concise is The golden rule for any business voicemail message. The callers should access the information they need fast. That way, you can be sure they will make an effort to call again.
Seven scripts samples for your holiday voicemail message
Choose among the 7 possible scripts below for your holiday voicemail greeting. Consider your specific business communications needs and the profile of your target audience:
1. It is [X holiday]! You have reached [the company’s name]. We are closed from [X date] to [X date] for the celebration. We will reopen on [X date], resuming our standard business operations at hours. If you need anything earlier, please get back in touch with us to schedule a call time.
2. Greetings! You have reached [company’s name]. We will be closed for X holiday from X date till X day. Reopen on X Date with the usual working time of X hours until X hrs. In an emergency, please contact our colleague on the phone [telephone number] or by email [email address]. Thank you for understanding, and Happy Holidays!
3. We are happy to hear from you! Thank you for your interest in [company name]. Unfortunately, it’s X holiday time, and our team will be off duty on the following dates: X date till X date. However, if your request is urgent, please call our colleagues XXX at [telephone number] or email them at [email address]. Have a great Holiday!
Set a nice voicemail message for Xmas. Hurry up; it’s free until December 19th!
4. Thank you for contacting us at [company’s name]. We will work with different business hours during the upcoming holiday [X]. We will be open from [X hours] to [X hours] on [X date] and from [X hours] to [X hours] on [X date].Happy holiday from our entire team!
5. Welcome to [company’s name]! What a great time to reach out! Please be aware that the whole company is closed for [X holiday] from [X date] to [X date] as our team takes some well-deserved time off. But don’t forget our business hours resume on [date] at [time]. We will be happy to help if you give us a call back during these times.
6. Thank you for contacting [company’s name]. We’re here for you this holiday season! We’ll be working extended hours this weekend to see you through the holiday rush. The office will close on [X date] and reopen on [X date] within our regular hours. For more information, you can visit our website [www.]. Merry and happy Xmas!
7. Thanks for reaching out to [company’s name]. It is Christmas time, and we are currently helping Santa prepare presents. We will reopen on [X date] at our standard operating hours. We hope we’ll hear back from you soon. Until then, enjoy the holidays!
Find the best voice to deliver your festive voicemail greeting
There are two options available for businesses with a cloud phone system. You can record the voicemail yourself or use a voice-over artist with a euphonious voice to give it that professional touch.
If you opt for the first option, choose someone with a nice-sounding voice to enhance your professional voicemail greeting. Pay attention to the following rules if you want to engage your callers with your holiday’s message:
- Speak clearly and slowly
- Set a professional tone of your voice
- Speak rhythmically and let your voice sound authentic
- Follow the script exactly
You can opt for the second option – to hire a voice-over artist to record the message for you. That saves time and ensures that your message is delivered in the correct tone. You should provide the artists with the script of the message, give them more information about what type of vibe this message should spread, and offer advice on how the words should be spoken.
To have a nice voicemail message, please follow our guide here.
Don’t miss any more news or articles!