Full-Time Steinsel / Luxembourg
We are Mixvoip, a vibrant Luxembourg-based company that provides Cloud Telephony, Smart Networking, and High-Speed Internet services. We believe in offering our customers a fresh take on communication systems, and that’s where you come in!
About the Role
We are currently seeking a talented network engineer to join our team. Your role will be crucial in managing an international carrier backbone that spans several countries, including Luxembourg, Belgium, and Germany. Working closely with the Network Team Lead and junior team members, you will be at the forefront of growing and expanding our network and services. As we are in the process of expanding to France, your expertise will be vital in ensuring a smooth and successful integration into the new market. If you are ready to take on this exciting opportunity, we welcome you to join our dynamic team and make a significant impact on our network’s future!
What do we need from you?
- Network device configuration: Do you have existing knowledge of networking vendors like Cisco, Juniper, Mikrotik, or Huawei? Is changing and adapting device configurations to meet business needs via command line interfaces part of your daily routine?
- Network planning: Have you gained experience in planning and executing network expansions and changes? As our network constantly grows and requires 100% uptime, ensuring full redundancy and resistance to hardware failures and fiber cuts is one of our main priorities.
- Network security, monitoring, and troubleshooting: Are you well-versed in SNMP and IPFIX/Netflow? Can you identify anomalies and follow breadcrumbs with ease? Can you handle troubleshooting complex networks during outages without succumbing to pressure? As a backbone carrier, having a secure and resilient network is our holy grail.
- Dynamic routing protocols: Are the acronyms BGP, ISIS, and OSPF familiar to you? Have you worked with these protocols before and gained intimate knowledge of how they work? You will be working with them on a daily basis.
- Network overlay technologies: As a core pillar of many carrier backbones, you will also work on our extensive network, provisioning new services, adapting existing ones, and facilitating growth.
- Network automation: Do you have some experience with Python? Have you worked with Nornir or Ansible before? A growing, modern network can’t scale without automation, and these scripts and tools need to be developed. Your role will include creating new automation tools and adapting existing ones, requiring extensive networking knowledge.
- Documentation: Have you used tools like Netbox and Visio before? Keeping network documentation up to date is a crucial task that saves time down the road.
Whether you can answer “yes” to all these questions or you’re a network enthusiast without carrier backbone experience, don’t hesitate to reach out. If you’re interested in exploring the world of networking, we welcome you to get in touch and see how you can be a part of our team.
A new way to apply: Join Mixvoip’s success story
Join Mixvoip, and you won’t just be connecting businesses to high-speed internet, fiber, satellite, phone, or mobile networks – you’ll be connecting people, forging relationships, and making a real difference in our story.
So, if you’re prepared to embark on an engaging journey and play a pivotal role in Mixvoip’s saga, here’s an unconventional route to apply
We invite you to record a brief video with your smartphone. Share why you’re drawn to this role or pose any questions or doubts you might have. It’s about keeping the conversation open and engaging! Please remember to attach your CV in PDF format too.
Instead of a conventional motivational letter, we’d like you to employ chatGPT. This not only mirrors our technology-focused approach but it also allows you to showcase your adaptability to new tools. It’s less about the letter, and more about your interaction with chatGPT that we’re keen on.
PS: Want to know who you’ll be journeying with? Meet me, Marc Tholl
I’m a 33 year old guy, who worked his way up from a Helpdesk agent to Team lead responsible for a carrier’s backbone network serving more than 3000 internet lines.
I started at Mixvoip when it was still very little (single-digit employee count) about 9 years ago. Over the years, I’ve helped expand Mixvoip into what it is today by growing the network and developing new services with the entire team.
As someone with a background in Scouting, I value autonomy while still prioritizing teamwork. I firmly believe every team member must pull their own weight, as the success of the entire team depends on it.
In my free time, I enjoy riding my motorbike, sports shooting, and spending time with my 8 month old son.