No end-to-end interoperability guaranteed
The use of fax machines in a VoIP environment still remains possible (fax via email). However, its use is very limited. No operator can guarantee the end-to-end interoperability (Règlement ILR dated 9th of August 2017).
Here are the main reasons:
- Technology switch: from analog to All-IP
- Interoperability: Even if one operator guarantees the transmission in its network, he cannot guarantee it for the frequent inter-operator transmissions.
- End-user resources: fax transmission also depends on both end-to-end users’ equipment and internet connection.
Thus, they are not legally obliged to provide support for fax transmissions in SIP/VoIP issues.
At MIXvoip, we do not guarantee the interoperability. Nevertheless, if you encounter fax transmission problems, our support team will do its best to help you.
A European trend
Luxembourg’s neighbors engaged in the transition to the ALL-IP networks:
- Germany: Deutsche Telekom stopped providing ISDN & PSTN lines in 2017 (1)
- France: Orange hasn’t been supplying ISDN & PSTN lines since 2017 and plans the transition to be done by 2023 (2)
- Belgium: Proximus ceased to supply ISDN & PSTN lines in 2017, unless no alternative existed. (3)
- UK: British Telecom will stop supplying ISDN & PSTN lines by 2020 and plans to migrate to full IP by 2025. (4)
This is why we advise you to switch to a new solution.