It is short before the Christmas eve. You had a crazy week full of numerous unforeseen issues, fortunately, all solved successfully. For the festive week, the company will be closed and you will enjoy a well-deserved rest.
You cannot wait to close the door, to turn the key and to head towards the Christmas party… and right then you remember something very and really important you forgot – to inform your dear customers about the change in the company’s business hours.
There are many ways in which this vital information can reach out to your current or future clients and yet there is one single tool that ensures everybody will listen to it – the voicemail message. Set your holiday’s voicemail greetings with MIXvoip and your clients will be informed ahead of time!
“We believe that recording a holiday voicemail greeting is the easiest, most friendly and certain way to spread the news about the company’s working hours during the holidays.”
So, embrace the enhanced functionalities of your Cloud phone system and let it serve your company’s communication needs. All you need to provide is a well thought and relevant message. After all, you do want to leave the calling person with a positive attitude, despite not reaching immediately the person he/she needs.
Usually, the business voicemail greeting acts as the first direct communication message, delivered to clients or prospects if no one can answer their incoming call. That’s why it is important to sound solid, professional and trustworthy.
The holiday voicemail greeting should meet these requirements as well but it can have a personal touch and even spread the holiday spirit.
Eventually, this type of voicemail message is foremost informative so when you think about the script the following details should be included:
- During which period the company is closed or works with changed opening hours
- When it will reopen and go back to its standard working time
- If there is an emergency contact person how to get in touch with him/her
- The company’s website can be added for further news and information
- To separate it from the standard business voicemail, do not forget to add holiday wishes at the beginning or the end of the greeting.
- Be concise: the caller should receive the important information quickly, avoiding the frustration of a long and confusing announcement.
“Holiday voicemail greeting is the perfect opportunity to personalize the usually neutral corporate communication.”
9 scripts for holiday voicemail greetings
Below we have listed several ideas for great voicemail messages, depending on your company’s needs.
1. Happy [X holiday]! You’ve reached [ company’s name]. We are closed from [X date] till [X date] for the celebration of [X holiday]. On [X date] we will reopen, resuming our standard business operations from [X hours] till [X hours]. Looking forward to hearing from you after [X date].
2. Hello! You have reached [company’s name]. We are closed for [X holiday] from [X date] till [X date]. We will reopen on [X date] with the usual working time from [X hours] till [ X hours]. In case of emergency, please contact [employee’s name] on the following number [telephone number] or you can email him/her on [email address]. Thank you for calling! Happy holidays!
3. Thank you for reaching out to [company’s name]. It is [X holiday] time and our team is off duty on [X date] and on [X date]. You can contact us again on [X date] from [X hours] till [X hours]. If your request is urgent, please call [employee’s name] on the following number [telephone number] or you can email him/her on [email address]. Have happy and cheerful holidays!
4. Hello! Thank you for calling [company’s name]. We are closed on [X date]. Please, call us back after [X date] during our usual business hours from [X hours] till [X hours] and we would be happy to assist you with your request. May your holidays be happy!
5. Thank you for contacting us at [company’s name]. Please, be aware that during the [X holiday] our working time is changed. On [X date] we are open from [X hours] till [X hours and on [X date] – from [X hours] till [X hours]. For emergency cases please call on the following number [telephone number] or email us on [email address]. Happy holiday from our entire team!
Set a nice voicemail message for Xmas. Hurry up, it’s free until December, the 19th!
6. Happy holidays! You have reached [X department] at [company’s name]. We are out of the office from [X date] till [X date] as the whole company is closed for [X holiday]. We’ll be available again on [X date] from [X hours] till [X hours]. It will be our pleasure to speak to you, so do not forget to call us back during our standard working hours.
7. Thank you for calling [company’s name]. During the [X holiday] we are closed from [X date] till [X date]. On [X date] we reopen with our standard business hours from [X hours] till [X hours]. For more information, you can visit our website [www.]. Merry and happy Xmas!
8. Happy holidays! Thank you for contacting [company’s name]. Please be informed that this weekend we shall work with extended work hours – from [X hours] till [X hours]. The [company’s name] will close on [X date] and will reopen on [X date] with usual business hours.
9. Hello! Thanks for calling [company’s name]. We are currently closed for Christmas as Santa needed some urgent help with the presents’ preparation. We will be available again on [X date] with our standard working time. Till then have happy holidays!
It is not only what you say but how you say it
If you decide to record the holiday voicemail message in-house do not forget to apply several golden rules:
- Speak slowly
- Speak clearly
- Speak rhythmically
- Follow strictly the script
- Let your voice sound authentic
To set a nice voicemail message, please follow our guide here. Hurry up, it’s free until December, the 19th!
In case you do not feel confident about recording it within your company, we can do it for you. Contact us for a quote.