Junior PHP developer
Full-Time Steinsel / Luxemburg
Wir sind Mixvoip, ein dynamisches Unternehmen aus Luxemburg, das Cloud-Telefonie, Smart Networking und High-Speed-Internetservices anbietet. Wir glauben an eine neue Sichtweise auf Kommunikationssysteme für unsere Kunden, und genau da kommst Du ins Spiel!
Über die Stelle
We are looking for a junior PHP developer to strengthen our team of exceptional coders. You will be working in a collaborative environment where everyone helps each other and no question is too much. You’ll be working to improve and extend our internal APIs that are used by our in-house CRM/ERP tool. There may also be future tools that will use these same APIs.
- Stack: In this role, you’ll be working with Symfony 6.3 using PHP 8.1. We use MySql/Maria databases which are connected through Doctrine (built-in with Symfony). You should familiarize yourself with these before a potential interview for this position. It’s no time wasted as they are widely used and you’ll probably end up using them at some point. Feel free to setup a project of your own, even if it’s just a tutorial that you followed, it can only help your case during the interview! Want to surprise us? Show us how far you can get until we meet!
- Version control: We use Gitlab to manage our repositories. It’s like Github, but private and self-hosted. Issues are handled with YouTrack that’s integrating our Gitlab server.
- Environment: You’ll be using Linux as your OS as Windows complicates things performance-wise and you don’t need a Mac. Your IDE will be a company-licensed PhpStorm with a company-licensed Github Co-pilot integration. You’ll be using Docker for setting up your environment, this saves time as you won’t have to install and configure any dependencies (web server, php, etc.).
- Automation: We use Make to automate setting up a test/dev environment. You’ll also be writing code that will be run in a cron. In case you’re wondering, cron is a job scheduler on unix systems which allows to automatically run those scripts at a given time.
- Asynchronous code: We use RabbitMQ to run code asynchronously in certain cases. Some of the code we produce need a long time to finish. We queue them up to be run when resources are available, which avoids hanging scripts blocking the terminal.
- Testing & debugging: Our tests are written with PHPUnit 9.5. We use xdebug in case we need to debug our code step-by-step.
For your convenience, the underlined keywords should be your focus. Don’t know what they are? No problem, you’ll learn by doing. You could however google these terms to at least get an idea of what they’re used for.
Was musst Du mitbringen?
At Mixvoip, we value passion over credentials. While degrees and extensive work experience are appreciated, they are not our primary focus. What we truly seek are individuals driven by a genuine love for coding and a desire to learn and grow.
Good command of English is important as our diverse team uses it as a common medium for communication.
Stepping into the role of a junior, it’s natural that you won’t have all the answers right away. And irrespective of your past experiences, every company, Mixvoip included, has its distinct business logic. Always feel encouraged to ask questions and seek clarity when needed. The quality of your code reflects your understanding of the broader picture.
Keep in mind that every developer, regardless of their experience, can overlook more efficient solutions or make an error. If you think of a better approach or see an opportunity for improvement, share it with the team. Collaborative efforts often lead to collective growth, and there’s always something new for someone to learn.
Eine neue Art sich zu bewerben: Werde ein Teil von Mixvoips Erfolgsgeschichte
Join Mixvoip and you won’t just be connecting businesses to high-speed internet, fiber, satellite, phone, or mobile networks – you’ll be connecting people, forging relationships, and making a real difference in our story.
Wenn Du also bereit bist für eine aufregende Reise und eine wichtige Rolle in Mixvoips Legende, dann findest Du hier einen unkonventionellen Bewerbungsweg:
Wir laden Dich dazu ein, ein kurzes Video mit Deinem Smartphone aufzunehmen. Teile mit uns, warum Du zu dieser Stelle passt, stelle Fragen oder teile Zweifel, die Du womöglich hast. Es geht darum, das Gespräch offen und spannend zu halten! Bitte denke daran, auch Deinen Lebenslauf im PDF-Format beizufügen.
Instead of a conventional motivational letter, we’d like you to employ chatGPT. This not only mirrors our technology-focused approach, but it also allows you to showcase your adaptability to new tools. It’s less about the letter, more about your interaction with chatGPT that we’re keen on.
PS: Want to know who you’ll be journeying with? Meet me, Fred Zeien
👋🏻 I’m 31 years old and have grown with this company. This is my first and only job, and I’m proud to be the most senior employee here. Although I don’t have a college degree, I’ve learned a lot from the 11 years I’ve been part of Mixvoip, and I’m always eager to learn more.
🎲 🎮 Outside of work, I enjoy playing strategic games like Magic The Gathering and chess, as well as solving logic puzzles like in escape rooms. I’m always up for any tabletop game, but I also enjoy video games as long as it’s not a toxic shooter game.
🏓 I competitively play table tennis for the club DT Osper. Mixvoip is a sponsor and is as such invited to an inter-club tournament every year.
👫 🐶 I’ve been married to a Filipina since 2021 and we have a 2-year-old rescue dog from Romania who’s been part of our family for a year now. She’s afraid of everything and requires a lot of patience, but there have already been improvements. She’s quite energetic and playful with her friends, even if they don’t match her enthusiasm.